Thursday, September 15, 2016

I wish my teacher knew...

The Sheehan staff came across an article this month highlighting an activity that a teacher across the United States did in order to encourage and grow honest and successful relationships with his students. After reading the article and recognizing how important it is to create meaningful relationships with our students and families, we decided to try this idea ourselves! 

Each child completed the sentence, "I wish my teacher knew..." and shared something about themselves that he or she really wanted to tell me. The insight that I received from this activity was incredibly powerful. I have loved getting to know our students this Fall. They are absolutely amazing and bring joy to my heart daily. Yet, this task gave students the opportunity to share something entirely new! 



Love,
Mrs. L
  

No comments:

Post a Comment